Blog 7

This will be a brief summary of what we did as a class last week in Project Wonder. We did numerous things that I found enjoyable, and also things that I didn’t enjoy. It included: Building a Rube Goldberg machine, making paper airplanes, and doing independent study. Although, during the Rube Goldberg machine challenge, I got very infuriated at my team for not building a “complex” enough machine. I tried not to let my competitive nature take over since this was supposed to be something enjoyable and something to have fun with. I took a look at our group’s and the other group’s machines and they don’t differ a lot.

We also made paper airplanes. We didn’t use the regular white paper, we used the blue papers. Which in my opinion made the paper airplanes look a little funky. My airplane was kind of lame, I made a simple airplane, the one everyone should know how to make. I was kind of disappointed with the way it turned out. Whenever it was thrown, it would curve down and flip upside-down. The airplane didn’t have much success, which didn’t disappoint me much. The only thing that did disappoint me was how we spent a lot of time on useless competitions. People would cheat so I didn’t understand why we even had those competitions. (It was just for fun.)

For independent study, my unhappiness fades away. It is a great time to expand your mind, and it is absolutely a fantastic time to learn new things. My unit is about Fission and Fusion. If you know anything about subatomic particles, then you would know I’m researching. Another thing that we did was we had to draw how to make toast. It was a challenge and we had to accomplish the task of drawing it in 10 minutes. Something I did was start to plan out my unit. I don’t like to plan out my units, so I’m reluctant about the idea. 

So this is a basic summary of what we’ve done this week in Project Wonder.